- Sign up for Power Parent. Know how your child is doing in their class. Don't be reactive, stay proactive. This is a great daily line of communication to have with your child about their progress.
- Solutions, no excuses. If you have this mindset, then anything is possible.
- Don't negotiate with your child when it comes to 20 minutes of reading nightly. Research supports that growth WILL take place.
- Set goals with your child. Give them a reason and purpose. We all need and desire that.
- Don't ever underestimate the power of expecting the best from your child. We are not saying they have to be perfect, but expect their best. They need to consistently understand that school work may be hard, which will require hard work in return. This is what we call LIFE!
- If you don't take the time to listen to your child, then they will find someone else who will listen to them and often that is the WRONG person.
- Know who your child's friends are. If they have social media and if they are an active gamer, limit their time and know who they are playing or friends with.
- Be attentive to your child's attendance and tardies. Research correlates student's attendance with their achievement and growth.
Finally, thank you. Often we all don't nearly hear this enough as a learning community of stakeholders. As our teachers are to be held accountable, we would like to issue the challenge of accountability back to our families as well. We all must work together as positive role supporters to show our students and your child that it takes a village to promote a strong awareness of continuous academic growth and school improvement. PLEASE let's grow our parent/teacher group and invest our time and ideas back into our teacher's classrooms and student's achievement. Spread the word!! We continue to strive to make TSE the BEST and you all are our biggest cheering block of supporters to make this happen.